Wednesday, July 20, 2011

"The" FREE Gift



Before you watch this video, please note that it is very graphic!  Most of these scenes are taken from The Passion of the Christ.  This movie was rated R for violence so please don't let your children see it unless you're sure they're old enough. 

I know it, you don't have to tell me.  I am abundantly blessed.  Tonight, on a Wednesday night, I had the wonderful blessing of listening to my pastor preach.  I get this blessing three times a week and I really, truly love it.  Tonight we went through several passages of Scripture.  My favorite was 2 Corinthians 5:21.  It says For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.

After hearing this Scripture, I instantly thought of the song, Jesus Messiah, by Chris Tomlin and wanted to share it with you. 

Here's the thing, I write a lot about deals and FREE things on my other blog.  I often forget that I know all about the most important, life changing FREE gift - EVER!  The FREE gift of salvation. 

The Scripture I listed above says that Jesus, who never sinned became sin for us (He paid the price of our sins) so that the payment could be made for our sins.

You see, God is perfect.  He is holy, righteous, the Beginning and the End.  He is perfect.  Everyone sins and this perfect, holy God cannot be in the presence of sin.  Therefore, Jesus died to pay for our sins. 

In the Old Testament, a lamb or animal had to be slain and it's blood had to be poured out to pay for our sins.  That's why Jesus is often called "The Lamb".  Because HE was our sacrifice and He paid for our sins.  Isn't that amazing, Jesus, who knew all the sins I'd ever commit, before the beginning of time; He knew it all and He still died for my sins and yours. 

I don't know what you've done in life, but I know there's a Savior and His name is Jesus.  He died to pay for your sins, ALL of them. 

The truth is that God would have been perfectly just and worth of praise if He'd let us all die and go to hell!  He's GOD and He's perfect.  BUT, He loved us so much that He allowed His Son, Jesus, to die for our sins and pay our punishment. 

The way my pastor put it was this:  We deserve the all consuming wrath of a righteous God because of our sins and He allowed His Son to be murdered to pay for our sins! 

What we have to do, is accept Christ as our Savior.  To believe that He died for your sins.  To believe that He rose from the dead three days after He died on that cross and that He's in heaven today with Jesus and one day, He's coming back!  People, get ready!

If you're interested in this "free" gift, or have more questions, email me (thefrugalfamily@ymail.com).  I'd love to talk to you.  More than anything in this world, my purpose is to honor and bring glory to God.  I want you to know that He loves you and He has a plan for your life.  I would guess that I don't know, personally, more than 10% of you that are reading this post but I care.  I know that God is perfect in His timing and maybe He wants you to see this tonight! 

Please watch the video.  It's awful and beautiful at the same time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment